COA Championship Series
2018 COA Championship Series
01. HHYC - Kowloon Cup (Day 1) - 13 Jan 2018 - #0.75
02. DBYC - Round Lantau Island Regatta (Leg 1) - 21 April 2018 - #0.75
03. COA - COA Mirs Bay Seafood Rally - 28 April 2018 - #1.00
04. ABC - Classic Yacht Rally (Day 1) - 05 May 2018 - #0.75 (Cancelled)
05. COA - 4 Pubs Rally - 26 May 2018 - #1.00
06. COA - HKSAR Day Macau Race (Leg 1 & 2) - 30 Jun & 02 Jul 2018 - #1.50
07. HHYC - Typhoon Series MIRS Bay (Leg 1) - 21 Jul 2018 - #0.75
08. DBYC - Middle Island Regatta (Leg 1) - 01 Sep 2018 - #0.75
09. ABC - Opening Regatta (Day 1 & 2) - 22 & 23 Sep 2018 - #1.25
10. COA - National Day Macau Race (Leg 1 & 2) - 29 Sep & 01 Oct 2018 - #1.50
11. RHKYC - China Coast Regatta (Day 1 to 3) - 12 to 14 Oct 2018 - #1.25
12. COA - Douglas Cup (Lamma Fun Day) Nov 2018 - Cancelled
13. RHKYC - Round The Island Race - 18 Nov 2018 - #0.75
14. COA - Christmas Cup - 08 Dec 2018 - #1.00
2018 COA Championship Series
Final Results as at Dec 2018
Congratulations to the following winners. Prizes will be presented in COA 2019 AGM & Annual Prize Giving Party in February 2019 (Date TBA)
2018 HKPN Championship Series :
1st - "Simplicity" - Sunny Chai
2nd - "Early Bird" - Thomas Wong
3rd - "G A" - Arthur Ho
2018 IRC Championship Series :
1st - "Andiamo" - John Woo
2nd - "Minnie The Moocher" - Yat Sing Yeung
3rd - "Crystal" - Francis Ma
2018 COA Cups :
Bavaria Cup - "Simplicity" - Sunny Chai
Jeanneau Cup - "Early Bird" - Thomas Wong
Beneteau Cup - "Crystal" - Francis Ma
Provisonal Results as at 22 Nov 2018
After the Around The Island Race, the gaps among the leaders in both the HKPN & IRC fleets are now at narrow margins and the final podium rankings could be changed after the last races in the series :
Top 3 Leaders must do the Christmas Cup to safeguard their leading positions or challenge for a higher ranking. The followers need to do the Christmas Cup to challenge the leaders and seeking for a place on the podium.
Look forward to seeing your teams in the COA Christmas Cup on 08 Dec 2018 and let's see which boat teams will win the honor of engraving their names in the Two COA Championship Perpetual Trophies.
Provisional Results as at 31st October 2018 :
Competition among the leaders in both the HKPN & IRC fleets are intense and the final podium rankings will be determined by their results in the upcoming 2 races :
Let's see which boat teams will win the honor of having their names be engraved in the Two COA Championship Perpetual Trophies.
Provisional Results as at 15th October 2018 :
Mid Year Results as at 02 July 2018 :
The COA Championship Series is open to COA members only and is decided from the results obtained by eligible boats competing in a selection of races throughout the year. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 ranking COA Member Boats.
Scoring is based on the Cox-Sprague (1994 modified) scoring system with a default minimum of six starters in any race using the placing results published by the organizing authority for each race. Where Regatta’s are included the overall results for the Regatta are used as a single result per boat.
Points are weighted according to the type of event. COA / Macau races have a weighting of 1.5, COA individual races have a weighting of 1.00, Regatta’s have a weighting 1.25 and individual races have a weighting of 0.75.
The listed races selected from the calendars of the Yacht Clubs around Hong Kong will be taken into account for the 2018 COA Championship Series.
NOR, SIs and L-notices will be issued by the Yacht Clubs. We will keep the COA Website updated as accurately as possible, but please visit the specific Websites from time to time for the latest updates :
ABC - Aberdeen Yacht Club : www.abclubhk.com
DBYC - Discovery Bay Yacht Club : www.dbyc.net
HHYC - Hebe Haven Yacht Club : www.hhyc.org.hk
RHKYC - Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club : www.rhkyc.org.hk